Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Life is good

So much is going on that I find it hard to get it all out in writing! Oh well, *deep breath* here goes.....

Well, since my last post on Friday...I ended up staying up until 2am preparing for my first outside Scentsy party. There was just so much to get in order! I enjoyed doing it, but it made me realize that I am a workaholic....no if's and's or but's about it! I realize I need to monitor my working hours and work strategically so that I am working smarter, not harder.  

Anyways, the party on Saturday was more successful than I had anticipated, so I am thrilled about that. There were more guests than we had originally anticipated and some of them really did some shopping! My girlfriend was elated! After the party, I stopped by my mom and dad's house. Both of them have been sick lately and the outlook is not so sunny for either of them. Dad just celebrated his 90th Birthday, and mom is not far behind him. They are not my birth parents. I lost them many years ago. In fact, I was 1 when my dad died and 19 when my mom died. My pseudo parents adopted me into their family when we met at church. That was nearly 9 years ago. I don't call them anything other than mom and dad although they are old enough to be my grandparents. My kids get to enjoy them as grandma and grandpa, so for that I am eternally thankful, since they don't have any birth grandparents. Anyways, mom fell in October of 2010 and cracked hear skull. Aparently she has fluid on her brain that caused dizzy spells and she would just faint. She was in the hospital and in therapy for what seemed like forever. Her daughters were here with her at the hospital and refused to let outside visitors come and see her...especially me because I pose as a threat to them, I guess. At the time all of this was going on, my dad was recovering from chemo and radiation treatments and was very weak, so he was struggling just to get through the motions of the day, let alone taking care of his wife that was hospitalized. In the midst of all of this, my dad's brother decided to pass away leaving dad to have to take care of funeral arrangements and settling the estate! My poor dad was in a whirlwind with all this stuff going on! Of course if you asked him how he was doing, he would give you his standard answer of "mean as ever" which is a comical answer because he doesn't have a mean bone in his body! Anyways, it has been a very difficult couple months and it was wonderful to spend time with them!! Dad's cancer levels are off the scale bad, so mom is worried that he's not got much longer. Be strong dad..I love you! <3

Sunday was church and it was such an amazing time!! Band practice went very well in the morning, then it was time for Sunday School. When I walked into the room at 9:05, Jeremy (our prospective new youth pastor) was already getting the class underway and by 9:10 we were already in opening prayer!! HALLELUJAH!! The lesson stayed right on topic and I never once had to reel him in! He dug right into the lesson at hand and brought it in such a way that was totally relevant and youthful and funny and serious and challenging.....EXACTLY what I have been praying for! With this man in charge, I never ever EVER have to worry again that this youth group is not getting what they need! They need to be fed and that is exactly what they got yesterday! God is so GOOD! On top of that Jeremy and Katie went forward and joined the church family!!! *tear* I am so excited! God is faithful and answers prayers...always! Thank You Lord!

In other news, I was excited at church because the man that I suspect God has delivered for me came to church. He has been there a few times and then disappeared for a couple weeks, so I was kind of bummed. But....when I saw him yesterday, I was so happy! I introduced him to mom and dad and welcomed him into the family! HAHA! Oh...also, Emily Powell was here for a visit! She will be here all week and we're all so excited!! She cane over last night and we hung out for a bit and we're all going to meet with the entire youth group at Chik-fil-A on Tuesday night! YAY! Then she'll be there for Wednesday night Fuel and then she leaves on Friday ={ We love and mis you Emily Powell! Life is not ever gonna be the same without you! OH!! I almost forgot! I am super duper stoked because I found out last night that Emily will be coming back for VBS in July!! HOOORAYYYY!!!!

Today has been a lazy day so far, but I am stoked to be able to work from home! I get to close out my friend's party from Saturday and I've been able to create some customer letters and help one of my recruits and all kinds of stuff....it's been good! But now....it's time for a shower!! TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment